Anyone who’s been to South by Southwest knows the experience isn’t complete without a trip to the Mashable House, our onsite HQ. Since the festival is fully online this year, you unfortunately won’t be able to attend the annual immersive experience in person.
But fear not: We’re bringing it to you with the Mashable Home.
As SXSW enthusiasts will recall, the beloved Austin-based tech and music festival was canceled in 2020 as a result of the coronavirus. Thankfully, it’s making a triumphant 2021 return with a stacked virtual lineup of keynote speakers, music festivals, film screenings, and more. The festival runs from March 16 – 20, but luckily you don’t have to wait that long to enjoy Mashable Home, a 3D interactive digital experience packed with dozens of exciting activations.
You can join the virtual fun on MashableHome.com. Starting Monday, March 8, the site will feature daily events that begin at 12:00 p.m. ET. Here’s a look at the schedule:
- Monday, March 8: Get your groove on with a special set from Madame Gandhi.
- Tuesday, March 9: Learn healthy and delish recipes with Skyler Bouchard, featuring the most mashable of all foods: potatoes.
- Wednesday, March 10: Social Good Series: The Digital Divide. A panel of experts will examine the issue of digital divide in education, how it affects some people more than others, and possible solutions.
- Thursday, Mach 11: Garden Marcus gives expert tips on keeping your indoor plants alive and thriving — no green thumb required!
- Friday, March 12: Garden Marcus will take you to plant school with tips for prepping your outdoor space for spring.
While you’re waiting for the main events, come on in and explore Mashable Home’s six beautifully furnished, future-focused rooms. We know you’re probably sick of being at home and desperately wish you could book a flight to Texas for a week of IRL fun, so we wanted to create a virtual experience that could help fill the travel void in your hearts.
Mashable Home not only gives you an idyllic new living space to explore, but also offers a series of must-have tips and tricks — on everything from gardening and cooking to decorating and living more sustainably — that you can use to drastically improve your WFH setup and liven up your living space.
By using the navigation arrows on your keyboard or dragging your mouse around the screen, you can enjoy a 360-degree view of our kitchen, living room, bedroom, flex room, garage, and backyard. Don’t forget to say hi to your new furry friend, Ruby Tater Tot Spud, and be sure to click on more than 30 activations scattered throughout the house. You can click these icons to shop, watch videos, play games, read compelling editorial content, and more. You never know what you’ll find.
If you’ve spent a good chunk of quarantine thirst-browsing Zillow listings or binge-watching home improvement reality shows, Mashable Home is a must visit. It’s like being in an extravagant episode of Selling Sunset, with all the snooping around perks of a video game. And crucially, it allows you to explore home that isn’t your own. (A luxury that’s hard to come by these days.)
Grab some snacks, pour a drink, check your WiFi connection, and come hang.
By Nicole Gallucci for Mashable